Day 1: Georgetown, Leadville
- From Denver take I-70 west to Georgetown, an old Victorian mining town. Ride the historic Georgetown Loop Railroad.
- Return to I-70 and take CO 91 south to Leadville, the state’s highest city at over 10,000 feet elevation. See the historic district and the National Mining Hall of Fame, then continue across Independence Pass through Twin Lakes on CO 82 to Aspen
Day 2: Aspen, Glenwood Springs
- Explore the City of Aspen and the famous Maroon Bells area.
- Drive to Glenwood Springs, home to the world’s largest hot springs pool at the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, and the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Day 3: Grand Junction, Colorado Natl. Monument
- Enjoy downtown Grand Junction’s historic downtown and the hands-on exhibits of Art on the Corner, or visit the Museum of Western Colorado, or Western Colorado Botanical Gardens.
- Then on to the Colorado National Monument – astonishing red-rock formations. Allow two to three hours to visit the natural beauty of the 23,000-acre Monument, with 11 canyons. Begin at the west entrance from I-70 (Exit 19, Fruita) then, stop at the Visitor Center.
- Look for tours and tasting rooms at any of the many wineries in the region. Twelve wineries are located in the heart of the Palisade area.